The building belongs to the "Agnano" ancient compound and was bought by the Santa Chiara convent of Nardò on 31st December 1453; although local historical data, backdates the existence of this big farmhouse to the XIV century.
The origin of the name “Bernardini” goes back to the name of Donato Antonio Bernardini, belonging to the noble family that bought
the Masseria and the entire Agnano farmhouse about 1750.
Outside the Masseria “Bernardini” and inside of the next Masseria “Agnano”, lies a typical sighting and defence tower, a
wonderful example of which centuries of war have sadly left us little.
Masseria Bernardini functioned like masseria till 1989, with "massari" who attended to olives grove and to production of
ricotta and other cheese.
The Masseria remained dormant for more than one decade and today, after a meticulous restoration,
carried out with absolute respect for shapes, spaces and original elements, it’s become a small and smart Art-Resort.